There are so many compelling reasons for individuals and institutions of all types to pursue sustainable practices. Chapin has begun efforts to look at our current sustainability and to explore how we can incorporate even more earth friendly practices into our school life.
In recent years, Chapin has taken the following steps toward greater sustainability:
- We have dramatically reduced our use of paper with greater use of email communication, both internally and with parents.
- We have modified our lunch program to use more local produce.
- We have continued to recycle paper, cans and bottles.
- We have joined a local group, OASIS (Organizing Action on Sustainability In Schools), that discusses ways for schools to become more environmentally responsible.
For this school year, we strongly urge parents to follow these guidelines:
- Please use safe, reusable containers for water instead of disposable plastic bottles.
- Please send lunch in reusable containers.
- Please do not idle unnecessarily in the car pick-up line. This will save you money, protect the environment and be better for our air quality.