School Life

Health and Safety

Chapin School strives to provide a safe, secure and supportive community for families, faculty and staff. The school nurse will post current information to keep everyone informed of health and safety initiatives, as well as other important notices and forms.  If you have a health-related question or concern, please e-mail the school nurse Patricia Stabler or call 609-924-4839 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.


New Jersey State Law requires parents to furnish a complete record of all immunizations before a child may enter school.  These immunizations include, but are not limited to, DPT, DT, Polio, hepatitis B, Mumps, Measles, Chicken Pox and Rubella.  Beginning with the 2008-09 school year, all incoming sixth graders require a dose of Tdap and Menatra.  Also, all Pre-K students will be required to get the flu shot.  This is a state requirement.


If your child, in grades four to eight, plans on playing a competitive sport, a current physical that has been completed within one calendar year of the first day of practice must be submitted to CareFlow.  A child may not participate in a sport unless the annual physical is up-to-date.  All other students must submit a physical that has been performed within the past two years.  A child without the required physical may not participate in field trips or sports.

Prescription Medications

If your child receives medication during the school day, a written order from the doctor must accompany the medication.  The medication must be in the original container with your child’s name and the name of medication must be clearly printed on the bottle.

If your child is on medication for a  life threatening illness, such as asthma, diabetes, or a severe food allergy, which require an EpiPen, an Action Plan from the doctor is also needed.

All medications are to be submitted to the Nurse’s Office.  NO medications should be left with a child in a locker or lunch box.  The only exception is inhalers which may be kept with a student with written permission from the doctor for the child to self-administer.  The child should inform the nurse if he or she has self-administered the inhaler during the day.  These children must be responsible for having their own inhalers for sports.

search login