Lower School - Treat others as you expect to be treated.
Upper School – Expect the best treatment for yourself and treat others in the same manner through your words and actions.
Examples of Respectful Behavior:
- Take pride in your appearance, actions and behavior.
- Show regard for self by refusing to do harm to yourself.
- Accept and appreciate the differences and uniqueness of people.
- Be courteous and polite. Demonstrate good manners.
- Show regard for parents, school staff and other community leaders.
Toward the Environment
- Make respectful decisions about how you treat the natural world.
- Show regard for animals and other living things and their habitats.
- Value the property of others.
- Take pride in the appearance and condition of our school and community.
- Properly attend to the Pledge of Allegiance, The National Anthem and the flag.
Lower School – Do the right thing.
Upper School – Choose to do the right thing in your thoughts, words and actions and be accountable for your choices.
Examples of Responsible Behavior:
- Be reliable and accountable.
- Set a good example.
- Follow through with your commitments.
- Be responsive to the concerns and needs of others.
- Complete assignments on time to the best of your ability.
- Take care of school equipment, property, buildings and grounds.
- Cooperate in the learning process.
- Be punctual.
- Follow school rules and procedures.
- Take on chores and complete them.
- Represent family in a positive manner.
- Represent Chapin in a positive manner when out in the larger community.
- Contribute to the community by following its policies and rules.
Lower School – Tell the truth.
Upper School – Be truthful in your thoughts, words and actions.
Examples of Honest Behavior:
- Act in such a way that you are worthy of trust.
- Display integrity in your words, actions and behavior.
- Do what is right.
- Don’t lie, cheat, steal, deceive, mislead or betray a trust.
- Be sincere and genuine.
Lower School – Be nice to others.
Upper School – Show consideration and compassion toward others and their feelings by way of your thoughts, words, and actions.
Examples of Kind Behavior:
- Accept both your strengths and weaknesses.
- Take good care of yourself.
- Be a reliable and trustworthy friend.
- Participate in community service.
- Be an active listener.
- Make an effort to help others.
- Share with others.
- Treat family members with kindness.
- Be there for your family.
Lower School – Try and try again.
Upper School – Show in your thoughts, words and actions a commitment to a goal.
Examples of Persevering:
- Don't give up! Ever!
- Achieve your goals and meet your commitments.
- Seek help to enable you to solve problems and overcome obstacles.
- Accept new challenges that will lead to growth.
- Work to maintain relationships.