Calling all 3 and 4 Year Old Explorers!
The Margaret A. Wilby School for Early Learning invites children to expand their curiosity and to create wonder at the world around them. We provide children with the strategies to reach their highest potential in a safe, nurturing environment.
STEAM stands for science, technology, engineering, art and math. Our program features a balance between STEAM-focused experiences and connections to the outdoors. Enriching academics, arts, and environmental STEAM-based experiences help to prepare children to succeed as future leaders and learners.
Our young students learn different concepts of math, artistic expression, and science in our STEAM workshop, developed especially for the needs of pre-K, kindergarten, and first-grade students.
Young children learn some of these STEAM concepts through play and exploration:
- Science encourages children to ask questions and investigate with simple experiments.
- Technology refers to both crayons and rulers but also complex tools such as learning how to use a computer.
- Engineering is defined as recognizing the problem and testing a solution.
- Arts encourage children to be creative and illustrate what they are learning.
- Math deals primarily with numbers but also includes learning patterns and shapes.
Our pre-K students focus on primary academic skills while also spending time outside learning about the environment. Chapin School Princeton’s Pre-Kindergarten “Explorers” program works perfectly for parents who want a convenient preschool and daycare and also the warm, engaging and nurturing environment of a private school in Princeton.
Chapin encourages upbeat learning and happy exploration among young children. As studies reference,"Essentially, humor stimulates our sense of wonder, which is where learning begins..." Therefore, a fit of giggles while learning actually helps our brains retrain more information than just memorization. This is why we think exploration, laughter and wonder go together.