The 2021 Chapin Runathon
This is the 45th Chapin Runathon and, as has been the case since the very beginning, it is evolving once again – this time because of Covid. Runathon will be held on the weekend of May 14, 15 and 16. As was the case last year, most of the program will be virtual. That allowed many alumni across the country and even internationally to join the fun. On May 14, students will start Runathon by walking on campus, then continue activities all weekend from home! Join them!
Started by faculty member Steve Gingo in 1976, the Runathon serves as an opportunity for both community bonding and community service. This year, proceeds will support the Chapin Fund, Loaves & Fishes, and the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. As an added bonus, if we get to 400 participants, Head of School Barbara Pasteris will sleep on the roof again!
How Can You Take Part in Runathon?
- Participate! Walk, run, play soccer, dance or anything at all - use the weekend to take part in an activity.
- Let us Know: Send an email to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what you are doing.
- Send Pictures: Send us pictures of your Runathon activities! Email to email@example.com
- Check Social Media: Keep your eyes on our social media pages to see what others are doing.
- Donate: Support the Chapin Fund and community service activities. Donate online here.
Investing in Chapin:
Supporting our People and Our Program, Now More Than Ever!
Since 1931, Chapin School has been providing an outstanding education for students, preparing them academically and socially, while always emphasizing character. The Chapin virtues: Respect, Responsibility, Honesty, Kindness, and Perseverance are central to the daily life of the school.
Like other independent schools, Chapin counts on the generosity of our community to support the school through raising funds beyond tuition. This investment in the people and programs of Chapin allows us to continue to prosper and help generations of students to excel. Given the added expenses required by the pandemic, this support is needed more than ever.
The Chapin Fund is the most important of the school’s fundraising initiatives. Gifts to the Chapin Fund support every student and teacher. These contributions help to sustain the outstanding education Chapin has provided to generations of students. The Chapin Fund supports the operating budget of the school and all gifts are put to immediate use.